Brian has been representing Plaintiffs and their families since 1999. He devotes one hundred percent of his time and energy to the areas of medical malpractice, nursing home negligence, and personal injury matters.
Brian has orchestrated numerous multi-million dollar settlements and verdicts all over the state of Illinois, including in the following counties: Lake County, Cook County, Sangamon County, DuPage County, Kane County, Will County, McHenry County, Kankakee County, Champaign County and Knox County. Brian’s record of success is detailed below.
Brian was installed as the President of the Lake County Bar Association on May 31, 2018.
Brian attended the University of Illinois College of Law from 1994-1997. He was one of three members of the international moot court team that won awards for oral and written advocacy.
Before law school, Brian attended the University of Michigan in Ann Arbor where he earned his bachelor’s degree in English literature. While there, Brian also became fluent in Spanish which he still speaks on a daily basis with the firm’s Spanish-speaking clients.
Brian first began representing plaintiffs and their families at a not-for-profit legal aid foundation. While there, he drafted legislation and fought for the rights of indigent clients.
He then worked at the prominent insurance defense firm of Segal McCambridge Singer & Mahoney in Chicago where he focused his work on nursing/medical malpractice and product liability litigation. That work included mass tort cases (asbestos, latex glove, and Fen-Phen).
In 1999 Brian joined a Plaintiff’s law firm where he quickly rose to partner. For nearly seventeen years, Brian devoted his practice to medical malpractice, nursing home neglect and catastrophic personal injury matters. During that time, Brian orchestrated numerous multi-million dollar verdicts and settlements (See “Record of Success” below).
In addition to his work with the Lake County Bar Association, Brian is an active member of the Illinois Trial Lawyers Association. He is also a member of the American Association for Justice.
Brian is nationally recognized for his high-tech approach to streamlining trials with technology. He has been featured in the American Bar Association’s Law Practice Journal for his technologically-advanced trial work. Brian regularly gives presentations to members of the legal community on the use of technology prior to, and during, trial.
English and Spanish
RECORD OF SUCCESS
Over the last two decades representing Plaintiffs and their families Mr. Lewis orchestrated numerous multi-million dollar verdicts and settlements. These include the following:
- $17M verdict for a client injured in car crash in front of her home;
- $17.3M settlement for a client who was hit by a bus while crossing the street;
- $7M medical malpractice settlement against a hospital whose nurse negligently programmed an IV pump which resulted in a newborn baby receiving nearly 100 times the amount of fluid that her doctor ordered;
- $4.8M medical malpractice verdict for a client whose surgeon committed malpractice;
- $4.25M settlement for a baby who suffered neurologic damage due to medical malpractice;
- $1.2M verdict for a client injured on an airline flight due to flight attendant’s negligence;
- $1.75M for a client who fell in a hospital and suffered a mild brain injury;
- $1.2M verdict/settlement for the death of a 73 year-old man in a hospital;
- $1M settlement for a baby’s injuries at Children’s Memorial Hospital; and
- $1M settlement for failure to diagnose colorectal cancer.